The practice was established in Gainsborough in 1924 by Mr Swaby at Morton Terrace. At this time the practice was predominantly farm animal and equine. Raoul Dowding took over the practice in 1999. As animal ownership has changed over the years we decided to be a solely small animal practice in 2006. We also at this time moved our practice to Mr Marshall’s lovely old property, Cleveland House. This gave us more space for our expanding small animal work and allowed us to improve our facilities. We have a branch surgery in Bawtry which too moved to Narrow lane in 2006 to allow us to expand and carry out routine operations there.
In 2015 we became part of the VetPartners, a collaboration of some of the UK’s most trusted and respected veterinary practices.